Join me tonight, Weds. September 22 at 7pm EST on http://blogtalkradio.com/grace-independent as I host:
Being There: Caring for Someone with Alzheimers
Encountering Alzheimers as a caretaker will not leave you unchanged. It is one of the most difficult, challenging and life changing diseases to face; not just for the person diagnosed with the disease but also for those who care for them.
During this show I am going to focus on:
– the stages of the disease
– the changing nature of care during those stage
– typical behaviors and how to manage them
– how to increase your ability to communicate with the person
– what to do to best maintain the quality of life for the person with the disease
– how to take care of yourself to avoid burnout, stress, frustration and resentment
The show is scheduled for 2 hours and there is a lot of information to be shared. If we have time, I hope to be able to take some of your calls. The switchboard number is 323 – 843 – 6055. If you cannot listen to the live show you may follow the link after to hear the archived version or find the show on iTunes under the Grace Independent podcast listing.